follow the exploits of our top xc pilots in world level international comps

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Going to the Worlds 2011 ...

After some good flying last year and some average flying at Bright and Corryong this year, it looks like I'm to lucky to sneak onto the team heading to the Worlds. Felipe, Antje and Ivan accepted places ahead of me. So all the pressure is on them :-).

About 6 weeks until the competition starts: some of my gear is still in transit. Thanks to some arbitrary rules changes by CIVL, I'm waiting on a new set of lines and some extra harness padding for this one competition. Allowable harness/protector combinations are still not clear and CIVL haven't bothered to clarify their rules. Typical bureaucrats: make some rule changes and then wash their hands of any responsibility for compliance. You only find out if you comply when you turn up at the competition. It really begs the question: why aren't new rules implemented and tested at lower level competitions before being implemented in Cat-1 competitions?

Anyway, enough ranting, back to my gear. Sticking with what I know: R10.2, Kanibal Race, and the 6030. I'd like to be out there flying regularly in preparation, unfortunately the weather in Victoria is looking good for a snowy start to the ski season. I had to wipe ice off my windscreen last Wednesday, in the afternoon! It looks like I won't get in any meaningful flying until the Nordic Open in Portugal. So, that means my preparation will have to be more on the mental side of flying. Some of which I might regurgitate here as a way of consolidating my thoughts and making me spend some time on it. At the moment I'm back to flicking through 'Secrets of Champions'.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Geoff for being in the Aussie Team. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete