follow the exploits of our top xc pilots in world level international comps

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Eat Sleep Fly

Hi Everyone, we've got a rest day today, and so I've finally made it onto the blog.

You probably have read about the tragic accident yesterday, and all I could add would be 3rd hand, so I won't comment any further.

The last 6 days have been gruelling - eat sleep fly was about all I was capable of doing, oh, and then I needed some energy for the odd walk out. It's an amazing area to fly in, but the air is rough as guts, especially in the area in front of launch and at the start gate. Bright will be a breeze after this ...

7 more tasks seems both a lot (and the weather is so consistent here that this probably really means 7 more tasks), and then it doesn't seem a long time at all before we're leaving.

I am glad I'm missing out on the heatwave in Melbourne though!

Anyway, thanks to everybody who posted, and thanks also to those silent supporters that read this, it means a lot that you are following what's going on here.

Antje

3 comments:

  1. Terrible news about Stefan.

    Great flying by both you and Shane to reach goal, thanks for all blogging.

    Fly safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad indeed.

    Safe flying and keep blogging.... pwmex web site is kaput.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Team

    I'm super proud of all of you - it sounds like a lot of hard work, mixed in with the fun and tacos. Thanks for representing us! It's great to get all your posts.

    I'm so sorry to hear about Stefan ... that's very sad.

    ReplyDelete