follow the exploits of our top xc pilots in world level international comps

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ivan Anissimov - As the comp ended...

Spanish beds are shorter. I can reach both ends when stretching in the morning, but in evening I shrunk somehow. I haven’t seen fly screens in Spain yet. May be mozzie that I killed few days ago was the only one in whole country? Or may be it arrived in my baggage somehow? I hope mozzie is not endangered species in Europe…

As comp ended, that would be end of the blog, I guess. I am thinking about keeping writing, may be in more serious form about Killing the Bastard and other flying tips. For that stuff I might use blog that Martin created for me. I want to thank all of you, who support us with you positive comments. It does mean a lot to us. Usually I’m only checking my email once a week. But here I start doing it twice a day! I haven’t seen negative comments yet, and I like it that way. May be putting them in “deleted items” folder directly would save time, money and good relationship. Life is like pedestrian crossing, and right now I am not on white. FFAI is something dirty and bloodsucking, stacked to the bottom of healthy body of pilots. Now it rules it. It make its own rules and imposing it on us (see section 7b etc). Some of them is good, some ok, some is just common sense and a lot of them is plain bulls#¥t. FFAI also provides comp sanction and WPRS ranking. Comp sanction is needed mostly for WPRS ranking, as comp organisers looking after safety, etc. It is quite obvious, that WPRS ranking is not working for Australia, as well as for the most of non European countries. Our pilots have to go overseas (if they can afford it) to improve their ranking. Of course they are getting experience as well, but what happens to their ranking in next couple of years, if they only flying in our comps? Where all this experience disappeared? How is it reflected in their ranking? The very fact that our pilots have to fly overseas comps to improve their rating is a good indicator that WPRS ranking is not working properly.

Why do we keep paying FFAI and CIVIL? Mostly because we don’t care. All it takes to make them disappear into thin air is take control of our money and stop waisting it on bunch of bureaucrats with very poor safety record. First revolution was birth of World Cup about 20 years ago. The only mistake was that FFAI and CIVIL was left intact, they weren’t replaced with organisation, respected by most of the pilots and working for the pilots. Now we have this chance. Cut them off our money and they will die. Internet based ranking systems are available now and could be design to be fair for all pilots. Wouldn’t it be nice, if after FFAI/CIVIL statement about closure of 12th World Championship, pilots come up with statement about opening of The First Non Sanctioned by FFAI/CIVIL World Championship and keep it running with implementation of upgraded safety measures, offered by pilots working group. Most of the pilots were ready to continue this competition. Even if organisers weren’t ready to take the risk, organisation of the comp could be taken over by new group of people with assistance of current organisers. That would have been real World Championship and possibly last nail for FFAI and CIVIL coffin! By the way, FFAI is not spelling mistake, you can work it out. Unfortunately, time is lost, chance is gone, we got what we deserved. Two pilots died doing what they loved. FFAI and CIVIL will keep going with their terrible safety record. Hungarian pilot collected about 50 signatures for suing FFAI and CIVIL for retracting their sanction after pilots comply with all their requirements. Frustration and disappointment are suitable words today for me. Most people went flying, it is a beautiful day. I need to get my head straight first, I can’t fly yet… This is, as usual, only my point of view at this point of time. It is not my intention to upset any person, especially fellow pilots, who volunteered their time and energy for improvement of our safety under current system. Their efforts are greatly appreciated by all of us.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ivan. It has been good to read your extensive blog over what has been a tumultuous week. I can understand that it must be frustrating for you all. Hopefully you guys can salvage some good flying over the coming days and enjoy yourselves. Regards Mark K

    ReplyDelete