follow the exploits of our top xc pilots in world level international comps

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Training - of sorts

So the Schmittenpokal (which was also the Austrian Nationals) didn't happen - it got cancelled on the first day, without a briefing, due to the bad weather forecast. No flying in Zell am See, despite being there for four days :-(

I did finally get a flight on the way back to Munich, in Koessen, thanks to Axel and Anna (and Luis!) who very kindly stopped for me to race up the hill and have a 20 min boat around complete with spirals to try out the M4 - flies beautifully. Bit of a problem landing, though: It glides so well that I ended up using most of the rather large landing padock before touching down - will have to work on that one. But all in all, so nice to be in the air again, and how light is that speedbar, and how easy does that wing turn! :-)

So, that was a bit of an unexpected end to 4 days of non-flying, where I took all sorts of other opportunities to train for Piedrahita:
Carrying small children to train for carrying my bag
Carrying my bag to train for carrying my bag
- up to launch, twice, and down again
- looking for another launch in the clouds, and up again
- onto trains, cable cars etc
- entertaining small children all day to train endurance - I'm exhausted!
- walking down from launch in Zell am See for fitness - turns out what I actually need to train is walking in my flying boots, my feet hurt!

Anyway, off to work for another week, and hoping to fly in the Harz mountains near my parents place (Rammelsberg, Goslar) next week.

Antje

No comments:

Post a Comment